What is Everest 29 Primus XP?The highest level of keyway security, Everest 29 Primus XP keyways are distributed under careful protection guidelines to protect the exclusivity of the individual side bit milling patterns. Choose Everest 29 Primus XP when the highest level of security and protection against unauthorized duplication is needed.
• Geographic exclusivity on key blanks• Multiple patents protect against unauthorized key manufacture through July 2029• Pick- and rake-resistant design• Can be mixed and matched with non-Primus XP cylinders• All key sections and master keying available at all levels of security• Keys can be cut and cylinders and cores pinned using commonly available pin kits and key cutting equipment• Keys are quick to cut and cylinders are easy to pin• Thicker keys for added strength• Three-year product warranty and a limited life-time warranty against key breakage• Operates Everest Primus and Everest restricted cylinders
Level 9 - End User ExclusiveThis level is for end users who may want to cut their own keys and/or must be able to obtain competitive bids on subsequent additions to their Everest 29 Primus XP key system. Level 9 is subdivided to provide varying degrees of side bitting exclusivity, depending on the amount of cylinders purchased.
• Level 9U (Universal) – End user buys fewer than 60 cylinders and may share a side bitting with another small end user in the same area
• Level 9G (Geographical) – End users buys 60 cylinders or more; Schlage assigns a side bitting exclusive within the first two digits of the end user’s zip code
• Level 9Z (Time Zone) – End users buys a minimum of 2,000 Primus XP cylinders over a two-year period or buys the exclusivity outright; Schlage assigns a side bitting exclusive within the end user’s time zone. Inventory must be maintained over two years or pay a fee.
• Level 9N (Nationwide) – End user buys a minimum of 4,000 Primus XP cylinders over a two-year period or pays for the exclusivity outright; Schlage assigns a nationwide exclusive side bitting.
The end user is free to purchase Level 9 Primus XP products from any Schlage Primus XP dealer nationwide, rather than being tied to a sole source dealer. All Level 9 key systems require a Primus XP signature card to be submitted initially and a Primus XP Face Sheet to accompany every order. Schlage’s Key Control Department verifies the signature for each Level 9 order.
Level 7 - Zip Code Exclusivity Based on First Three DigitsDealer invests in a side bitting that will be exclusive to him defined by the first three digits of the locksmith’s physical location zip code. Dealers sign an appropriate agreement that ensures the integrity of the system and, among other things, prohibits the dealer from cutting other dealers’ keys. Each dealer is assigned a unique ID number that is stamped on all keys. Dealers can purchase products and keys from any Schlage authorized Primus distributor.
The dealer then issues an ID card to each end user and verifies orders for duplicate keys against the signature panel on the card. This is a sole source level similar to Classic Primus XP Level 1 Plus. End users must come back to the originating Level 7 locksmith for keys.
Highlights of Primus XP Level 7:• Dealer-owned sidebit milling exclusivity based on the first three digits of zip code• Dealer can purchase products from any Schlage Primus XP authorized dealer• Available to direct and indirect dealers• Key blanks are not available to end users• End user must purchase from originating dealer – sole-source relationship
Level 8 - Time Zone ExclusivityDirect and indirect dealers with aftermarket service and large locksmith companies buy in for a side bitting exclusive within a time zone. They sell product with this side bitting to their end user customers. Schlage assigns an ID number to the participating dealer. The dealer must sign a key control contract that, among other things, prevents the dealer from cutting keys bearing another dealer's ID number.
The dealer then issues an ID card to each end user and verifies orders for duplicate keys against the signature panel on the card. This is a sole source level similar to Classic Primus XP Level 2. End users must come back to the originating Level 8 dealer for keys. The indirect dealers can purchase products from any Schlage authorized distributor.
Highlights of Primus XP Level 8:• Dealer-owned sidebit milling exclusivity based on the time zone• Dealer can purchase products from any Schlage Primus XP authorized dealer• Available to direct and indirect dealers• Key blanks are not available to end users• End user must purchase from originating dealer sole-source relationship