Provide solutions that are quiet
Hospital units, libraries, churches or even concert halls have unique requirements, including noise reduction. We understand that these spaces are personal and have developed innovative solutions to help reduce intrusive sounds. For a quiet opening that is not intrusive and complements the work to be done, consider our quiet solutions products.
Typical applications include:
Hospital Patient Areas / Libraries & Classrooms / Auditoriums & Theaters / Churches & Chapels / Ballrooms & Large Conference Areas
The Quiet One®
The everyday use of a mechanical push pad can be noisy. High traffic applications and heavy abuse can cause the exit device to be slammed into hundreds of times per day. The Von Duprin 98/99 & 33A/35A exit devices are designed to accommodate this abuse, and utilizes a mechanical damper to provide customers with a quieter solution.
- Innovative damper allows for quiet non-disruptive use
- Damper decelerates the push pad on the push and return stroke, eliminating most of the noise associated with exit device operation
- Standard on all 98/99 & 33A/35A Series Exit Devices
QM (Quiet Mechanical) Option
This option controls motion to reduce operational noise. It is available for the 996 trim, as well as 98/99 and 33A/35A rim devices. The QM trim solution provides a damper-controlled lever return. Likewise, the QM rim device option provides damper-controlled re-latching.
Quiet Electric Latch (QEL)
Traditional electronic latch retraction utilizes magnetic solenoids that require a high voltage inrush. When activated, the retraction of the solenoid results in a loud and abrupt sound. Motor driven latch retraction is more efficient and provides a much quieter solution with less of a disturbance.
- Lower amperage requirements allow the QEL option to work with any new or existing Von Duprin or Schlage Power Supply
- On-Board diagnostics provide visual indication if the system is installed incorrectly or encounters a user error
- Automatically calibrates for your specific opening and removes the adjustments required to the dogging rod
- Option on all 98/99, 33A/35A, and 94/95 Series Exit Devices
(Note: Retrofit kits are available to upgrade existing mechanical or electronic latch (EL) devices.)
Pneumatic Controlled Exit Device (PN)
The pneumatic latch retraction solution is ideal for applications that require quiet and electronic latch retraction but are in hazardous areas where electronics are not permitted. The pneumatic device provides efficient latch retraction through the use of compressed air.
- For applications such as clean rooms, testing and waste water treatment facilities, and areas that use or store flammable materials
- Pneumatic solenoid retracts latch bolt for momentary or prolonged periods
- Available with mechanical or pneumatic dogging
- Available on both Panic and Fire Exit Hardware devices
- Option on all 98/99 and 33A/35A Series Exit Devices
Concealed Vertical Cable System (CVC)
Traditional concealed or surface vertical latching devices use rigid aluminum or steel rods to retract the latches for both two point and less bottom rod applications. Rods can rattle within the door, or when applied to the surface of the door often become a nuisance in areas requiring a quiet environment. The Concealed Vertical Cable device is a quieter solution over traditional surface and concealed rods. Enclosed cables do not lift up or down like traditional rods and rest quietly within the door.
- Concealed cables eliminate traditional rods and reduce the overall complexity during installation and maintenance
- Latches operate independently – damage/abuse will not throw the system out of adjustment
- Single attachment point provides adjustment to push pad sensitivity
- Bottom latch adjustable while the door is hanging
- Available as 98/9949 and 33/3549A Series – integrates with existing exit devices and trims
(Note: Integrated Steelcraft Solution – Cable system can be ordered pre-installed in door direct from Steelcraft.)